This is me!

My photo
Welcome to my world of glam and cupcakes! You'll see everything from beauty to baking on this little blog of mine, so grab a quick snack and enjoy!

Friday, January 20, 2017

January Ipsy Glam Bag.


Its here guys! The ipsy glam bag came a few days early and I couldn't be more excited to share it with you. For some time now I wanted to do an ipsy glam bag series, weather it be via youtube or blog. But since I don't like the sound of my voice, blog it is. Now lets talk a little bit about the bag itself before we get into the products shall we.

So in the description of the bag it says "this silver stunner was inspired by skyskrapers! Wear it uptown, downtown, or wherever you'll be slaying this month." For me personally I don't like the bag and that happens sometimes. No biggie. Its just not really my taste. I thought from the preview they send you via e-mail looked like gold embellishments. When I got the bag today and got to view it up close and personal, its like fishnet almost. I know that's not the word I'm looking for But that's all that comes to mind right this second.

Moving on to the goodies in the bag and the descriptions...

Manna Kadar Cosmetics
Paradise Blush
"The warm pink with apricot undertones brightens up pale complexions, but also pops on darker skin…no small feat in the blush world. But even more so than the color, we can’t get enough of the radiant finish that’s just shimmery enough without looking crazy glittery."

My thoughts: I thought from first glance that it was hella dark for my skin tone. But it does look very pretty. I'll still have to test it out to see how I really feel about it.

Rimmel London conditioning lip balm by Kate Moss.
As if we needed more reasons to heart Kate Moss, her partnership with Rimmel just seals the deal, especially when it comes to this delightful lip balm. Scrumptiously creamy, it leaves your pucker moisturized and looking fresh and healthy—and stays that way, all day. Still, it feels and smells so good (just the tiniest bit sweet), that you won’t be able to stop yourself from applying it every two minutes

My thoughts: I like it a lot. I won't say I absolutely love it and would go out and purchase it again and again. I will say the claims are a bit off. There's not really a taste or a smell to it. Other than that I really enjoy it.

Thebalm cosmetics
Bahama mama.
When you get back from a beach vaycay, your skin looks sun-kissed, not orange, right? Point being, any natural-looking bronzer is going to have brown undertones, and this one nails it. And since it’s matte, you can also use it to contour, as shadow, or to fill in brows.

My thoughts:
Honestly I thought it was an eye shadow. When I realized it was a bronzer I got a little bummed. Its not that I don't like bronzer, its just the sample they gave you is really small. But I can't complain. I'll have to fiddle more with it to see how I feel about it more.

Naked cosmetics
Mica pigment in desert sunset #02

Made with the most vivid pigments, so we get more color on our lids. And the gorgeous shimmery champagne shade is still giving us a buzz.

My thoughts:
OMG OMG OMG!!!! I remember seeing these come out way back in the day....well 2007-2008. And I remember thinking I have to have them! But of course being a kid in highschool at the time, just a stack of pigments was pretty expensive. Now that I've received this I will say I do love it for that quick swipe of color when you're o. The run does wonders. And it stays put!

And last but not least...

Ciaté London
GELOLOGY top coat.
Yah, gel manis are fab, but the removal process can be a total pain (does anyone have time for a soak off, really?). Paint on this top coat and you’ll get the same salon-worthy shine, long-lasting wear, and that plump and full look that you just can’t get from plain polish


My thoughts: I haven't tried it but if it can prove to me that its better than seche veite than I'll be one happy girl! Seche hasn't been working at all and I need another top coat so we will see how this goes!

Thank you for sticking around and reading today, I hope you enjoyed yourself and I will see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment