This is me!

My photo
Welcome to my world of glam and cupcakes! You'll see everything from beauty to baking on this little blog of mine, so grab a quick snack and enjoy!

Friday, January 6, 2017

Coffee Cupcake fail!

Good evening! I hope everyone is doing well and is in the mood for a coffee related treat! So earlier tonight I was telling my step father about this blog and once he hear the name he said, "You need to have the word cupcake in your title! Oooh, I know you should make coffee cupcakes!"  I thought to myself  that would be cool, but I don't think coffee cupcakes is a thing....is it?

well low and behold ladies and gentlemen it sure does. I took some time to look for the perfect recipe and I found one that was pretty simple. I will link that recipe here ( http://www.familycircle.com/recipe/cupcakes/coffee-cupcakes/ ) because I had to improvise my batch due to following the directions wrong. They still came out pretty decent, from what my fiancĂ© says. I'm not too sure if he is saying they were good to make me happy or if they genuinely
were good.

So the recipe goes like this.....

1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup of brewed coffee
1 1/2 teaspoons of instant coffee granules
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of prepared white frosting
24 chocolate covered coffee beans

I however didn't follow it all correctly....I just happened to put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl (excluding the last four ingredients listed) and hoped for the best. here is what I did...


It doesn't look too pretty but it smelled really good. I forgot to let the butter sit out to soften so I had a rough time getting mixed. So...beginners mistake. Luckily it all worked out and they came out fine. My only issue was that once they cooled, the tops got really stiff. I could thump it and it wouldn't budge. However the inside was nice and moist. so it was kind of a win/lose moment.
 I am not going to post how much of a mess attempting to make the icing was. That was a whole different kind of mess and I'm a little embarrassed. lets just say you can not make coffee flavored icing with only confectioners sugar, coffee, and meringue powder. My kitchen island hates me for it but lesson learned. I hope you enjoyed my coffee cupcakes and have a wonderful night, I will see you next time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment